9.12.2011

Sara | Auburn Senior Portrait Photographer






I met Sara and her mother at a fundraiser auction for breast cancer research. Just seeing a teen involved helping with something that seems so far beyond what a teenager should even be worrying about impressed me. Fast forward a few months and I find out she was the lucky bidder/winner of the senior portrait session I donated. So away we went with soccer cleats, homecoming dress and her spunky self to do photos.
We started at Celebration Park in Federal Way since they had a bright green soccer field, even in the end of summer. Sara had some pretty tricky moves and did a long sequence of takes, then I got the shot we were going for. It felt to me like it was about 80* already and the day was just starting.
Next we did a quick stop near Redondo for some photos in her homecoming dress. It cooled down about 5* as we got near the water and a haze was blocking the previously very bright sun. I thought the brown dappled wall looked beautiful next to the bright teal blue of her gown and we had some really pretty soft light coming through the mist.
Finally we headed to the beach down at Saltwater State Park. That same mist was hanging out making the beach look more like the surface of the moon, Sara's dress and bubbly personality was a beautiful pop of color against it all.

No comments: