2.23.2011

Brian + Trinity | Tacoma Engagement Session


Trinity was a bridesmaid at one of the first weddings I ever photographed back when I was an assistant.  And then she popped up at another, and then another, and yet another. Love is in the air Tacoma! It was a wonderful surprise when she sent me a message saying that she herself was engaged to be married and they wanted me to photograph their own wedding.

We put their engagement session on our calendars, with crossed fingers for good weather, and waited. It turned out gorgeous. Yes is was cold, but they had each other to keep warm.

Downtown Tacoma was our main location. The old buildings provide a lot of character and you don't have to go very far before stumbling upon another inspiring area to photograph. After a bit, and just before the sun went down, we hopped down the road to the newer Chambers Creek park. It's a huge place with waterfront access, grassy fields, a dog park for their big puppy Alice, and a golf club, perfect for holding a wedding reception. I can't wait to shoot there.

These two seem so comfortable with each other. When I asked Brian what that thing was about Trinity that made him know she was the one, without hesitation he said "She is handsdown the coolest, funniest and most beautiful girl I've ever known or dated." Melt!


No comments: