8.19.2009

Kudos

What I do is sometimes hard to call work. I'm paid to attend beautiful weddings. Take photographs of gorgeous brides and handsome grooms. Hang out at their post nuptial cocktail parties. Perhaps a nibble of cake. But that's not why I do it.
For anyone who's ever organized a large group event, you know that getting to the finish line is no piece of cake. There are timelines, nerves, melting cakes, flower girls and ring bearers with cold feet, and gathering a family for photos that haven't seen one another in years I would say is harder than herding cats. And that's just the big day.
Post processing photographs takes a good bit of time to put the finishing touch on every image. Albums are each custom designed so each wedding is picture perfect forever, they are printed and then presented to the bride and groom.
Once it's all said and done that one day has become a part of me. I've studied the photos and relived the day over and over. I feel close to my clients because of this and am truly touched when I receive letters like I've received this month.


"Jen... wow, what can I say?! Jeff and I just looked at all the photos and they are so beautiful and fun! We cannot thank you enough for capturing our happy day with such style and emotion in every photo.

Thank you so so much!!
:) joanie"

"Jen, you have no idea how many compliments we've gotten on how beautiful the pictures are. You really do such amazing work.

I also wanted to thank you for the wonderful words on your site. Thank you so much for mentioning the significance of the date, it's very important to us, and we truly appreciate you listening to us, and really knowing our hearts.

Thank you for everything, we absolutely adore you and are so blessed by your work and friendship!


Sarah"

"Jen,

Thank you so much for the memorable photos we now have of Matt and Violeta's wedding and also the rest of our family.......I babysat today and Carson was an adorable angel....go figure! It is really nice to have such great shots, with the lighting just perfect and the subjects smiling nicely :).

We are so glad that you could be here to document this next event in our family history. If you ever need a recomendation, you can use our name.

Thanks so much. We hope your year ahead is a great one.

Mary Jo Holum"

And this one from Molly, just before whisking off to her honeymoon. Her email subject line read:

"The best day ever!!!"

"Jennifer, I just wanted to say that yesterday was incredible and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know that the pictures are going to turn out absolutely beautiful. You made the day so special and we thank you again for all your hard work throughout the day. It was definitely a busy day and you held on to the end. We can’t thank you enough!
We are off tomorrow for our honeymoon and will talk to you soon.
Best, Molly"

No comments: