12.06.2007

It's the little things

I once worked around a bunch of photographers who were always talking this and that about their latest gear. I paid it little attention, feeling that their work should speak louder volumes than the fancy box of junk hanging around their neck. Some of my favorite images have been from hand-me-down and vintage cameras. Digital has brought color work into a new light for me, but I still love timeless black and white images. Give me grain and the soft romance of high speed film any day. As you can gather I'm not huge into new fangled. The digital era has also brought me hours of sitting in front of a computer, thankfully surrounded by my cats and mp3's galore. Last week my computer died and for days my already full plate of work piled up. The golden light at the end of the tunnel? Technology and my new Lightscribe disc burner.

No comments: